Thursday, March 23, 2006

Aquí, Allí, Allá

Less than 24 hours until spring break starts!!!! Oh, I am so counting the hours. (Except that I dislike doing an unnecessary math. So I'm not really counting). I still have to finish writing a ten page paper, go to RUF, study for an exam, and write another lab report so I don't have to do it over spring break. Not to mention finishing over a hundred pages in a fiction book that I want to give back to someone before break and packing. As usual, it's the lab report that has me the most freaked out. I know they're not always as bad as my mind makes them out to be, and that it's "making a mountain out of a molehill." Only maybe change "molehill" to "extremely large badger hill" and that might be more accurate. Better yet, make that "bear cave." Oh look, we're back at mountain. Other random things that happened this week:

~I filled out a student survey, and one of the questions asked "how many books have you read for personal enjoyment this schoolyear?" The choices were something like 0-5, 6-10, 11-15, 15-20, 20+. "20+" is the highest choice they're gonna give me? Come on! That is not an adequate measurement of my reading interests.

~Today in science (yes, another lovely evolution lecture), the professor (this is my favorite professor of the four that teach this class) briefly mentioned that many evolutionists are divided into the gradualist and punctuated equilibrium camps. He said that the gradualists like to explain punctuated equilibrium as "evolution by jerks." It took me a minute, but I got it! LOL, that's awesome.

~At Bible study last night we shared prayer requests, and I realized again how thankful I am for my roommate. I have never been "sexiled" as one girl put it, and I don't think I would take it very well either. Sometimes college kids amaze me. (Did you know that like 78% have more than 5 drinks a day over spring break? I can't remember the exact statistic, but it's something like that. Crazy.)

1 comment:

Lee Anne said...

Groan. . .I hate our home computer. Oh, and actually for guys having 5+ drinks over spring break, the stat is 91% !!!!