Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Vizzini Lives

Do you remember Vizzini from The Princess Bride? You know, the neurotic Sicilian with a penchant for shouting "inconceivable!" ("You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."). Well, yesterday I was sitting in my Career Explorations of Journalism class (only one more day of it left total! yay!), and the lecture was about other options in communications. The first speaker started out pretty bland, but he got excited quickly, and every other sentence ended up very loud and with lots of emphasis. It was during one of the first of these impassioned sentences that I realized he sounded EXACTLY like Vizzini. I'm not kidding. His "normal" speech sounded, well, fairly normal, but as soon as he got excited *poof* out came Vizzini. I was starting to want to giggle; once you noticed it it was so obvious. I whispered it to my friend, and she started snickering. Really, I was trying so hard not to laugh, and I think my face was probably red. . . it's a good thing it was a lecture and not a small class. I wish you all could have heard this guy. Or maybe not: then we'd have a whole row of people cracking up, and that might warrant some more attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Princess Bride! What a wonderful movie! I think that's the last thing I watched at your house in fact... heehee, I'll have to tell you that story. Julia is quite, shall we say, spirited? ;)

"Stop that rhyming, now I mean it!"
"Anybody want a peanut?"