Monday, November 28, 2005

Hot As Hades

I must have a homing device that draws misadventures to me. Riding back to college, I was kinda tired, but I figured that things would start off smoothly with a quiet evening before starting my last two weeks of classes. Ha.

I enter my dorm room to a blast of heat so hot it would put a volcano to shame. I wince, and suggest to my roommate that we turn the heat off now (it was required to be left on over break). "It is off," she replied. "I've had the air conditioner going for the past four hours." It is really impossible to discribe how hot and miserable our room was/is. My roommate had it much worse. When she got here,
the knob almost burned her hand
the temperature read 104
and six hours later it's still over 90.

I hope you're getting the picture of how miserable it is in here. I reached into my can of chocolate and nuts, and found all the chocolate completely melted. Our walls are actually hot to the touch. I got a shower and the shampoo was extra liquidy and annoyingly warm. My clothes felt like they'd just come out of the dryer. You sweat just sitting on your bed. In other words, it's completely-totally-beyond-hellishly-miserably-Mount-Doom-like-hot.

Oh, and it's not just our room. The whole building is like this.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think the folks who turned your heaters all on high are the same ones who pull the fire alarms?!Hope things have cooled considerably. Just stepping outside this morning should do the trick. Sounds like a typical SC summer night to me. Sorry you roasted, but at least you had a new misadventure to complain, I mean, write about.

Lee Anne said...

I don't complain; I tell the world about the injustices that exist. LOL
No, everyone was required to leave our individual heaters on low, when the staff or PAs checked the rooms I think they were required to turn it up.

Anonymous said...

of course saying it was as hot as hades could be interpreted differently because some view hades or hell as a cold place devoid of God's warmth so this title could just as well suit the topic above about it being freezing out :D

Oh, btw I was talking about wordlviews and everything being the smart fellow that I am :D and Mr. Baker was like wait a minute you're not in that class! And I said something like, "Well I guess I've bveen talking to Luke and Lukas too much..."

I think it was something about Marxism... can't quite remember.

Lee Anne said...

That's why I said "hades" and not "Dante's hell," which is what it's like around here most of the time. :P
LOL, don't let my brother and Luke rub off on you too much, or I'll come back to find you chanting in japaneese, swinging a katana, and getting your hands all scraped up.