Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Cold as a Witch's Behind

It seems like this week is going to deal with extremes. After that lovely burning heat wave, yesterday the fire alarm got pulled twice. Have I mentioned that it was freezing out? I was just getting back from class the first time, and I was only wearing a light jacket. The second time I was in the dining hall getting ready to drink some hot chocolate, only to get whisked outside into the frozen tundra devoid of warm anything. Without a coat. :P The second time was for a "legitimate" reason; some smokeguard didn't work and set off the alarms in Rollins. Of course, then overreacting people pulled the one in Gillett too. Thankfully the Black Culture Center across the street let us take shelter there, although I'm afraid we were a rather noisy influx of people blocking the hall and foyer (not me, I was reading a book).

Other news of a frozen kind:

We had some snowflakes today!

In the middle of last night, one of my friends and FIGmates heard her air conditioner making weird noises (she had it on cuz of the annoying heaters which are right next to her room, not to mention the one in her room). So she got up to look at it and turned it off. In the morning she saw that it was covered in ICE! Like everywhere. Weird, huh?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh someone must have heard you were hot and wanted to cool you down. It worked didn't it? :D I love your blog and it's way of interpreting events w/ a sort of medieval/greek depiction of modern events. If only I was a creative writer... What did you do over thanksgiving weekend w/ your family? Laugh at Lukas because he had to work on friday? :) Of course you'll be getting a job there soon so that might not be the best idea! What have you been reading for classes? You can omit sociology books if you wish :D.

Sir James, The Loyal Knight

Lee Anne said...

Yeah, that weekend Lukas had to work Friday, and Sat, and Sunday . . .
I can't even remember much of what I did over Thanksgiving; it went too fast. Except see the new Pride and Prejudice, which was awesome. I can't wait for Christmas break!

Anonymous said...

lol! lee anne, what a comical way you have of re-telling your misadventures. :) jimmy, over thanksgiving break she resigned herself to playing ddr and staying up crazy-late talking with me. It was so good to see you lee anne!

Lee Anne said...

LOL, Lukas played the same round for 2 hours straight, trying to get an impossible A. Did I mention this was from midnight till two in the morning? Crazy times.

Anonymous said...

So it was you kaelen! Always taking Lee Anne away from the rest of us. Yup, Lukas is just the way I am: It doesn't matter what it is you have to beat it (speaking on boardgames and videogames) For some reason victory over anything fuels us on :D. Good thing we've got a good amount of talent in those things or else we'd be playing for several hours to beat one thing (oh wait lukas did that ;).) Of course DDR is quite different in it's grading system because it doesn't just grade on how many perfects you got, it grades how many you got compared to other ones and combos. Like if you consider a perfect 0 pts and then each consectutive worse rating a point more (+1, +2, etc) then the game will give you ranks depending on your score whether it be 4 or 80.

I can't believe I just wrote a whole paragraph on the grading system of DDR... Oh well.