Monday, January 23, 2006

Horoscopes In A Klutz-Centric Universe

For my science class, we did a little fun experiment. Basically, we proved that Zodiac signs do not determine personal characteristics (duh!). Anyhow, it got me thinking. I imagined a world where horoscope predictions were true, and I decided that it would not help certain klutzy people like myself. For example:

You will have a special encounter with a person you know.

You careen head-on into a casual acquaintance, making a complete fool of yourself.

Your financial situation will change.

A soda machine eats your dollar and provides no soda.

You will escape the rut of boring ho-hum existence

You fall down a flight of stairs.


etc. and so on. The only thing more powerful than fate is Klutziness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

of course she's graceful! The lovely Lady of the Wind could hardly be called a klutz, no matter how fervrently she believes it herself. lee anne, i loved the humor in this last post, hooray for your creativity! I had needed a bit of cheering up too...
oh, i finished the firefly dvds too, much fun! love you lots.

Lee Anne said...

hah! Now I'll have to introduce you to "battlestar galactica"--jk. Ohh, you have to watch Serenity now, except I think Lukas is mailing my copy to me. Hmmm.

Kae--we still haven't talked about "in the coils of the snake" yet. Has Anna read Hollow Kingdom????

Lee Anne said...

LOL, that's true, I do seem to gravitate towards books with "knight", "lady" and "kingdom" in the title. Maybe that's why I like Gerald Morris' books so much: they have titles like "The Squire, His Knight, and His Lady" (bonus points for multiple terms!) "The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf" (my favorite) and "The Lioness and Her Knight."