Friday, October 07, 2005

Knit, Stitch, Engauge!

On Wednesday night I joined a group of knitters in our lounge who are going to meet there every Wednesday. I was the rogue cross-stitcher, since I didn't have knitting stuff with me. It was a lot of fun; there were maybe seven other girls and two guys, many of whom did not know how to knit. Like I said, it was funny. Now I'm in full-throttle knitting obsession mode; anybody who knows what I'm like when I'm on the craft-hunt will roll their eyes and sigh as I go barreling past.heeheehee
Oh yeah, the name of our group is "knit,stitch,engauge" (yes, it's supposed to be spelled like that). We almost named ourselves "knit-xhibit" (pronounced like "knit-zibbet," however you want to spell it). Here's why: about an hour into our little circle, some other students stuck their heads in to say hi. "Look how cute they are" one girl said to the other, and they left. Carrie, the girl sitting next to me, raised her eyebrows and remarked, "I feel like I'm in the zoo or something, on display." Someone else picked this up and joked that the glass wall towards the hall makes us an exhibit. Hence, knitzibbit.

Eww, on a nasty note: A girl across the hall was standing outside her room, and having some sort of problem. I heard the word "rat" so I stopped to see what was going on. No, there are not wild rodents in our building (that I know of). Her roommate just left for the weekend, and about an hour later this girl realized that one of her roommates' mice was rather still. Further investigation proved that it was not, in fact, sleeping; it was dead. My first reaction: a fervent prayer of thankfulness that my roommate doesn't keep gross critters in our room. My second thought, get out of there before I see anything icky. Happily some other girl was taking it out to the trash, so I escaped to my room to write a paper (and avoid the paper by writing this blog). I'm so brave, aren't I?

No comments: