Wednesday, September 28, 2005

LOST in the Rain. . .

I just got back from an extra-credit lecture about " Medical Case Studies in Ancient China, Greece, and Egypt" a subject to which I owe no particular affection. I ran all the way back to my dorm, hoping to find a TV to watch "LOST" on, but the common rooms were in use, and well, it was already 10 minutes into the show and I figured I should resign. Sigh. . .I miss my TV!

It rained here today. I walked back from class, proud that I had remembered my umbrella. I was busy trying not to get swept away by the riverwalk (known as a "sidewalk" on drier days), and feeling rather good that I remained mostly dry. Until the car zoomed past. In less than a second I was completely soaked. I can now sympathize with Doris Day, and I would have SMACKED Cary Grant (what movie is that, by the way?).

Now I have to choose between writing a five page paper and reading a fiction book. . .or convincing the computer that my sociology paper really does talk about crime and motivational theories. Have you ever tried arguing with a computer grading system?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.