Sunday, December 11, 2005

When (Wardrobe) doors close. . .

Well, we've just finished our last reader's theatre sunday school of the semester. It's always slightly sad to see things come to an end, especially something as fun as Narnia. The white witch has been defeated, the Pevensies are safely home, and my time as Wolf/Creature #1/Mr. Tumnus/Mrs. Beaver is over. It's amazing to think that I've been going around wishing people "Merry Christmas;" time sure has flown. Maybe coming home will be something like stepping back through the wardrobe door into England, finding out that I'm not quite all grown up yet. Then again, maybe not. It'll probably be more like entering Narnia again to find that Cair Paravel is in ruins ("Look what we did to you're room, Lee Anne!") and that centuries have gone by ("Wait--you did WHAT while I was gone?").

3 comments:

Lee Anne said...

That's right Jimmy--you know which version is the best. ;)
I saw it Saturday morning; my chuch here rented out two screens and gave all of the children's ministry people and their families tickets. It was really neat being in a theater with just christian community and having fun with that. And the trailer for "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" rocked. Of course, the movie itself was wonderful too.
I wish I could see it without knowing the plot though; I could probably quote you the whole book after this semester, which lessened some of the drama. We'll have to discuss the movie when I get home--that's so much more fun in person than by computer.

Anonymous said...

Lee Anne! this is probably one of my favorite posts yet. :) love you!

Lee Anne said...

Thanks Kaelen! :) I'm so glad you liked it; that makes me so happy! I think it's kind of similiar to the article I wrote for the Journal (which is coming out Dec 21), except the article didn't mention Narnia. I can't wait to see you!!!!