Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dark M&Ms and Zombie Nights

I have just made ( to use one of Kaelen's words) the most splendiferous discovery. I was at the Mizzou bookstore, looking at the candy isle (it was an island, after all) when I saw a purple wrapper on the bottom shelf. Looking closer, it proved to be (drum roll please)--DARK CHOCOLATE M&MS!!!!!!!! Aaaahhhh, heaven. I can't ever begin to describe how ecstatic I was (then again, if you know me you can probably guess). Mmmmm. Needless to say, I have had the most delicious week.

Last Tuesday was Lukas' birthday, and to celebrate that evening we played one of his new boardgames, Mall of Horror, and watched The Mummy, which Luke D. and Lindsay had never seen before. The game was actually quite fun, despite the gruesome cover and slogan "chop till you drop." Each player has 3 characters, and you are all stuck in a mall with Zombies attacking. The game ends when only 4 characters are left (or six in a six player game). Whichever player's characters are worth the most wins. So basically you want to put yourself in a position where the Zombies won't get you but instead will get the other players. We played it again twice last night (by "we" I mean Lukas, Luke, Marcus, Mark, Jason, and myself). I won both times (slightly superior smirk). The second time I had all three of my characters left! (Of course, that could be because Luke and Lukas formed a powerful alliance which eventually made us so mad that everyone obliterated them).

Right now I'm trying to steel myself to write a lovely journalism paper that is due tomorrow. >:( I so dislike the J-school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your blog is... fantabulous. :D

dark m & m's, i'm sooo jealous! oh, i've been eating the scottish chocolate. i'd been keeping it for stressful times, and now it's handy. i'm sure i could live off of chocolate and fruit... ah.

Lee Anne said...

:) I miss you, kaelen! long live dark chocolate!