Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Teenager No Longer

Well, I meant for my next post to be more about Scotland, but since I am a horrible procrastinator, I figured I should just jump back to the present and catch up when I have time (haha). Today is my 20th birthday! Weird. I'd be . . .like. . .on the shelf (in a regency novel). Or maybe that's 21. I just cannot think of a better way to spend my birthday than running back and forth to class in the heat, dripping sweat (and sarcasm). Oh well; at least I stopped at the poster sale and got a new LOST poster for my room. :)

So far my classes seem pretty normal; I have the intensive class (Spanish every day), the boring class (Bio 1010), the very boring class (News 2100), the fun class (19th Century British Women Writers), and the so-easy-it's-an-insult-to-my-intelligence class (Am History). I just had American history today, and got a chance to look at the syllabus. The only assignment for the entire semester is one four to five page (double spaced) paper. I feel like I'm back in kindergarten (except I never actually went to kindergarten). I think I almost laughed out loud when I saw that. I suppose I could/should switch to the Honors section. . .or I could use the free time to get a job. Or just read more fiction books.

Overall my new roommate and I are getting along well. She talks (if possible) more than I do. It's somewhat exhausting. Still, we're having a pretty good time together. I could use prayer, though. She's a Deist, and something of a skeptic, but she did go with me to the RUF picnic last night. Also last night we spent over two hours taking "which character would you be" personality tests (not my fault--she started it (even if I was an active participant)). Apparently I'm most like the monkey from Pirates of the Caribbean. :P She says I'll never live that one down. Makes you wonder what depths I’m really hiding. . .heehee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, you little monkey you!